Saturday, September 29, 2012

National Coffee Day

Apparently I did not pick the best time to start a blog, because as soon as I made that decision, literally the same day as my first post, my life got a little crazy. I decided to pursue a Master's Degree in Public Health with a focus in Health Behavior & Education. AND the baby that I currently nanny started teething and I just got super stressed out. SOOOO I am trying to refocus by making time for myself, this blog, and to just enjoy life! I take the GRE on Thursday and after that my application process begins. I really really want to go to the University of North Carolina, I don't have a back-up school, so I am really freaking out about that. I realized this whole process consists of a lot of waiting. I have to take my GRE and then wait for the scores. I have to apply to the Public Health program and then wait to apply to UNC and then wait for their answer and wait and wait. Ahhhh, you see why I am stressed. Plus last night I wanted to do a little baking to relieve some of that stress so I chose to make a Pumpkin Bread from my ToneItUp! sister @KristynJoRuns. Well because I was so exhausted I added baking powder instead of baking soda! Ugh! My bread looks like mushy meatloaf now instead of a perfectly rising bread. So depressing. I will try for round 2 later in the week.

But for today, I just finished filming my first vlog ever! I did a Fall Haul video, which I will post the YouTube link later. Today is National Coffee Day which I consider a close runner-up to Christmas for the best day of the year. The best way I can think to celebrate is drinking coffee ALL DAY! I already had my Tone It Up! Perfect Fit Mocha Latte this morning and I plan on making a Starbucks run later for a Salted Caramel latte. All the more motivation to study right??  Besides my video and studying that will occur later today, I wanted to continue on my baking spree of venting and relaxing.

I chose to make/use for inspiration Baked Oatmeal Banana Bites from SarahFit. As I started making these delicious snacks, I realized that she used a mini-muffin pan and I only had a regular which meant I would have half as much and because I like to make as much as possible at a time, I made 4 of Sarah's version and then the other 8 are my concoction. IF you want to mix and match follow Sarah's recipe exactly! Make sure you do that first, then scoop out 4 servings into your muffin tin. I used muffin liners because my tin is older and not trustworthy. Remember to only fill them around half way so they don't get too crazy! Now with the mix that you have left in your bowl add:

1/2 unsweetened natural applesauce
1/4 tsp of vanilla extra
1/4 cup of oats [I used quick oats]
1 scoop Perfect Fit Protein powder [optional or any protein powder]
1 tsp cocoa powder
2 TBSP slivered almonds [use 1 TBSP to start & add the 2nd to my section]
splash of chocolate almond milk [literally just enough to make it not so thick]

                                                            Here are all my ingredients!
     

Bake at 375 for 13 - 15 minutes and voila! A little breakfast, midafternoon, or after dinner delicious treat! And best of all they are healthy! All natural ingredients makes a body happy!
                                                       

                                                                 Finished product!

I love finding great, good-for-you recipes and adding my own spin to it! Make sure you check out SarahFit's  other delicious food ideas HERE as I am sure I will referencing her a ton! Next time I will most definitely be adding some pumpkin puree, perfect for this Fall season!

Goodbye for now. Happy Saturday and make sure you enjoy AT LEAST one delicious cup of coffee today!

No comments:

Post a Comment