Saturday, December 8, 2012

Healthy Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

Hello hello,

I know it has been awhile, but I really wanted to share this recipe that I found and revised for a healthier, happier belly. I have been making lots of banana breads in the past couple months trying to figure out which one I like the best, while eliminating the bad for you ingredients. This is what I have stumbled upon. First off, I used Rachel Ray's Chocolate Chip Banana Bread recipe as a guideline. If you make her version with no revisions, it is delicious as well!

Here is what you are going to need to make my banana bread.

1/2 to 3/4 cup of all-natural applesauce [until desired consistency]
1 cup of flour
1/2 cup of oats
1 scoop Perfect Fit Protein [any rice protein]
1/2 cup of Stevia [OR 1/4 cup Stevia & 2 TBSP organic honey]
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
2 eggs, lightly beaten [OR 1/3 cup egg whites]
3 bananas, mashed (1 cup of mashed bananas)
1 cup of dark chocolate chips

Pre-heat the oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit.

Grease a 8 1/2-inch x 4 1/2-inch loaf pan (or use baking spray)

In a large bowl whisk flour, oats, protein powder, Stevia, baking soda, and salt together. Mix in the applesauce, bananas, and eggs. Stir in the chocolate chips (do not overmix) and pour into the prepared pan. Bake for about 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool the loaf for 10 to 15 minutes, then flip it out of the pan, and cool completely, right side up! Viola!


Please note that I did use flour and chocolate chips which obviously are not "healthy" choices but dark chocolate is good for you in moderation and you are welcome to use any oat flour or flour substitute if you desire. Also I am not an "exact-ingredient-chef" I just use guidelines and then go as I please. I hope you enjoy and share this recipe.

Thank you for reading and I hope to have more over the holidays!

Love your food, love your body, love your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment